Why Choose Us?
- We have been voted one of the Top 100 Wine Retailers in the UK (
Which? Wine Guide)
- We buy direct from the grower wherever we can
- We personally taste every wine before we buy and list them to guarantee that each is a good example of its type, in its league, at its price.
- If you find a wine that you have bought from us is not to your personal taste you may return to us any unopened bottles and, in most cases, we will give you a full refund or credit (wines more than 5 years old are usually excluded).
- We have wines to suit all budgets and tastes. We are just as keen on food as we are on wine. Ask us to help you select the right wine for your wedding, dinner party, barbecue, weekend treat or everyday tipple.
- There are hundreds of lines to choose from including fine Ports, Sherries and specialist Spirits, nearly all of which you can’t find on the high street.
- We are completely independent and stock no brands – we concentrate on producers who make their wines with dedication and passion rather than the mass-produced monoculture of larger retailers.
- Our Wine Sampling Club is unique in UK wine retailing. Please click the link for full details.
- We are real people, in a real shop with great stuff to drink – just get in touch.
WINES OF INTEREST CUSTOMER COMMENTS
"Great tastings, funny emails, lovely people". DA.
"Great, wine,good prices, the 2 'Js' are well informed and good fun! Good emails!" AA.
"They always have something different and interesting in stock." JA.
"The boys offer a splendid selection of excellent wines, a refreshing attitude to customer service and good honest banter." SB.
"I ordered my summer rose wines at 10am, they were delivered at 11am and being drunk by12, 'service exceptionnel!'" SC
"They provide high quality wines that are as easy on the palate as they are on the wallet." JC
"Everyone's level of interest in wine is catered for without pretension or rip-off." SD
"A straight, no nonsense, approach." HD
"Variety and quality wines, fantastically friendly and knowledgeable service." VG
"I get advice from the people who choose the wines - and have a laugh on the way!" PL
"I trust their knowledge of wine and appreciate their sense of humour." JM
"Unlike the big supermarkets, it's run by REAL people, with REAL passion, where customer service is ALWAYS in fashion!" KP
"It’s local, friendly, with a great range of the best quality at good prices, and it’s not owned by some remote public company." DV
"Don't stop. I couldn’t ask for anything more- friendly service, an attention to quality and customer service that should put other businesses to shame. I am very happy to recommend you to friends and family, I know that you will do me and yourselves proud- you have time and time again." PT